Google analytics is an easy to use service which can be easily integrated with your blog ( or for that matter your website ). Here are the steps to do so, I have divided them into a 2 step process :
Obtain Google Analytics code block to be pasted on your blogs’ base HTML layout :
- Go to http://www.google.com/analytics
- Click on Add website
- Select Add a Profile and enter the URL of your blog
- Choose the appropriate Country and Time Zone. Google does a good job of identifying and pre-selecting it for you, but in case you need it be changed, go ahead and do so.
- You will now be provided a block of HTML code that Google analytics provides, Copy-Paste this chunk onto Notepad or somewhere else for now.
- Sign-in to your blogger account : www.blogger.com
- Go to the dashboard and click on Layout tab.
- Now click on “Edit HTML” and look at the bottom of this page, you will find something like
<!-- end outer-wrapper -->
(Google Analytics Code Block to be placed here)
- Paste the code block above
and click “Save Changes”
- To make sure this works, go back and login to www.google.com/analytics and select your blog’s URL from the drop-down on top left corner of the page. Here you will either see Receiving Data (analytics successfully installed) or Tracking Not Installed (we went wrong somewhere). For cases with Tracking Not Installed, click on Check Status. This tells Google to check for your code block, and you will receive a message suggesting whether Google was able to find it or not. If not, you should try pasting the code block again. https://www.google.com/analytics/settings/check_status_profile_handler